Monday 18 September 2017

18/09/2017
Monday


One of the most hectic days of the week. But i have been working through the weekend. Usually I try to restrict myself to only reading over the weekend but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and actually edit. And when you edit, its as good as writing. Why? because you need to have intense concentration and focus when you do. You need to have the micro as well as the macro picture in mind as you edit. You need to have a sense of the story as well as the sentence when you work. It is rare that you will find the space or the time to completely concentrate on that one activity.

At the moment i'm as disorganized as it gets. I'm editing one murder mystery, one spiritual fiction and one Hindi book. I've set myself impossible deadlines as i'm travelling later this week. 

I will start talking about my books in my next blog. let me know what you'd like to read about. Thanks!


 

5 comments:

  1. You're doing what I like the most, reading. But I'm doing what I don't like to do, accounts. Anyway I love this blog. I would love to read about you experience of writing about your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that's an eclectic genre of books to edit- all the best with deadlines though! As an aspiring published writer - a freelance published features writer - I am definitely looking forward to reading your thoughts on historical fiction and professional self help books that I intend writing soon! Thanks PS: would love feedback on my blog... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And and what makes you feel good about editing and reading?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel kind of envious by the amount of work you have and the kind of work it is in particular. I would love to be in your place but then again, you must be having other work too, deadlines you have, other things to do as well. It is indeed hectic.

    ReplyDelete